The modern Language you can learn for junior certificate and leaving certificate is French.
What will I learn?
- How to speak in the language about yourself , your family, your friends, your hobbies, your school. Etc.this will help you to talk to people who speak the language.
- The skills of listening reading and writing in the language.
- The grammar of the language.
- Information about the countries where they speak the language and their way of life.
How will I learn a foreign language?
- Work on your own, in pairs and in groups
- Learn through activities and games
- Use a textbook but other material as well.
- Watch films, listen to songs and look at pictures and posters.
- Speaking the language as much as you can in and outside of school.
How will I know how I am getting on
Your teacher will let you know:
- What you have done well
- How you can improve your work.
Other things you may do are:
- Ask a friend to look at your work
- Look back over your work to see how you have improved
- Keep a diary of what you can do in the language
How will French be useful for me?
You will find modern languages useful in your personal life for travelling and in many careers including tourism, catering, education, business and translation services.