Learning Support & Special Needs Support
Dedicated Learning Support room with internet access and located beside the computer room.
- Reading scheme for all first years.
- Screening for mathematics (numeracy) and English (literacy) for all first years.
- Liaison with national schools in order to establish the needs of each child.
- One to one meeting with parents where appropriate.
- Pupils are withdrawn from classes for resource hours in agreement with parents’ and pupils’ wishes.
- Detailed records kept on each pupil.
- Sharing of appropriate information with teaching staff with parental consent.
- Pupils with a psychological report and resource hours have an individual education plan (IEP) which is formulated with SEN teacher/parent/pupil agreement and reviewed once a year.
- Experienced resource teachers and several SNAs.
- St. Joseph’s caters for each pupil regardless of their ability. The school is a secure safe environment which offers many support to pupils who may struggle with dyslexia, a medical condition or any physical or learning disability. The whole staff is very receptive to all ability ranges and are supportive and accommodating in their teaching styles.